What’s at Stake?
Congress and the administration must protect the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) and other critical federal nutrition programs, such as The Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP), Commodity Supplemental Food Progam (CSFP), and child nutrition programs, in federal budget resolutions and appropriations legislation to ensure the programs continue to support the millions of individuals and families facing hunger in the U.S.
What’s Feeding America Doing?
Feeding America is fighting to:
- Support the work of America’s charitable food system by providing $100 million to offset the cost of the storage and distribution of United States Department of Agriculture foods, $15 million to strengthen the TEFAP Infrastructure Grants program, and funding to support critical food bank capacity and equipment needs.
- Support funding for and improve the funding structure of SNAP.
- Provide an increase in CSFP funding to meet the needs of seniors struggling with hunger.
- Support $100 million Summer EBT Demonstration Pilots to expand the reach of the program to children who are not able to access a summer feeding site.
- Provide sufficient funding for the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) and the Older Americans Act home-delivered and congregate meals programs.